The SFIA Contractor Certification Program
The SFIA Contractor Certification Program enables members to distinguish themselves in a competitive landscape by demonstrating knowledge and expertise in cold-formed steel (CFS) framing. Certified SFIA contractors receive recognition for continuous improvement, education and training, and quality control systems – all of which are independently verified via testing and observation.
In order to be certified, contractors must demonstrate their understanding of CFS specification design and installation. In return, they are provided with SFIA resources and promotional support to increase their visibility to general contractors and owners looking for proven CFS expertise. Ultimately, SFIA certification promotes lower costs and faster approvals.
The program offers both a Nonstructural Contractor Certification and Structural Contractor Certification for the United States and Canada.
Benefits of Certification
Hiring a certified contractor offers benefits across the CFS construction industry:
- General Contractors benefit from cost savings and faster approvals by ensuring the highest levels of quality on the construction site.
- Owners benefit from more efficient installation for construction projects, which translates to faster revenue streams.
- Building Inspectors can expect high quality installations that adhere to the latest building standards, which in turn assures compliance to life safety requirements and results in a streamlined inspection process.
- Specifiers who mandate the use of certified contractors can dramatically boost quality assurance and specification compliance during installation.
- Manufacturers of cold-formed steel benefit from valuable partnerships with the professional contractors who install CFS products and are their products' best ambassadors in the field.
- For Design Professionals, SFIA-certified contractors are construction partners that enhance innovation and protect the client’s best interests.
Did You Know?
Construction project specifications that mandate the use of certified contractors can dramatically boost quality assurance and specification compliance during the installation of cold-formed steel (CFS) framing.
For builders and owners, the use of SFIA Certified Contractors for cold-formed steel (CFS) framing ensures more efficient installation for construction projects, which translates to faster revenue streams.